STUDENT INTAKE AND LIABILITY WAIVER
In consideration of being permitted to participate in classes, workshops, training sessions, retreats and other events (collectively, “Events”) held or sponsored by, through or at Salt Lake Power Yoga, LLC (“SLPY”), whether at 250 East 300 South, Salt Lake City, Utah or elsewhere, I agree to the following:
1. I understand that yoga is not a substitute for medical diagnosis and treatment. Heated and other types of yoga and specific poses may not be appropriate or recommended for certain individuals, including, without limitation, individuals requiring cardiac care, blood pressure control, regulation of diabetes, post-surgical care and out of the ordinary pre-natal care. In the event I have questions about my condition, I agree to consult with my personal physician prior to commencing or resuming a yoga practice. I understand that I am responsible for my own well-being and that any health, wellness or other information I receive at or through SLPY is for general reference purposes only and does not constitute medical or clinical advice.
2. I represent and warrant that I am physically fit and have no medical condition that would prevent my participation in activities held or sponsored by, through or at SLPY, including, without limitation, yoga classes. I agree to promptly notify SLPY in writing if this changes. I also agree to inform each yoga instructor of any physical limitations, physical discomfort and/or injuries before each class, as well as any discomfort and/or injuries that may arise during class. I take full responsibility for not notifying my teachers in a timely manner.
3. I understand that instructors at SLPY will assist me, from time to time, in various poses by physically placing their hands on my body. I consent to such assists and waive any claim(s) that such assists constitute nonconsensual touching, battery or other tortious conduct and/or were performed negligently. In the event that I do not want to be assisted, I agree to promptly notify my instructor prior to the start of each class and confirm with my instructor that he or she has acknowledged my request.
4. I agree that SLPY is in no way responsible for the safekeeping of any of my personal belongings at SLPY or at other locations at which Events may be held.
5. I grant to SLPY unrestricted permission to photograph, video record, audio record and capture through digital images me and/or, if present at an Event, my child and to use the same in promotional and other materials in all formats. I can revoke this permission by providing the then Studio Director of SLPY with written notice of my revocation prior to the SLPY Event.
6. I agree to assume full and sole responsibility for any risks, injuries, damages, known and unknown, and losses which I might suffer, including, without limitation, death, as a result of my participation in any Events held or sponsored by, through and/or at SLPY. I freely and voluntarily participate in the Events with full knowledge of such risks. I agree that neither I nor my heirs, assigns or legal representatives will sue or make any other claims or demands of any kind whatsoever against Sotiriou Investment Group, L.C., SLPY, Jen Reuben, Marc Weinreich, or any of the owners, instructors, teachers, shareholders, partners, officers, directors, members, agents, independent contractors, or representatives of any of the foregoing (collectively, with their respective successors and assigns, the “Released Parties”) for any injury, damage, loss, cost, fee or expense, including, without limitation, death, whether caused by negligence or otherwise. I further hereby release, remise and forever discharge the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, causes of action, losses, damages, costs, fees, expenses and liabilities, of any kind, whether known or unknown, that may now or at any time hereafter arise out of or are in any way connected with my participation in Events held or sponsored by, through or at SLPY.
I have read the above release and liability waiver and fully agree to its contents with the knowledge that the Released Parties will rely on it in connection with my participation in any and all such Events.